By using our Site, you agree to our collection and use of your
Policy and procedures, we will post these changes on our Web site:
Your continued use of this Site following the posting of any changes to these terms
constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies (TDS) place a high value on personal privacy and therefore will not share your personal information collected online with third parties other than to TDS subsidiaries, or to trusted vendors who perform essential functions on behalf of TDS. TDS protects the security of your personal information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. TDS may collect information when you apply for employment, request investor or other information and/or request to be placed on an email alert list for information about TDS, such as daily stock closing prices, new press releases, etc. Information we may collect includes your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, company information (where applicable) and title (where applicable). If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected, you should not submit this information to TDS.
- Disclosure of personal information may, however, be necessary in certain circumstances, such as when TDS in good faith believes that disclosure is required under the law or in order to protect our legal rights.
- In addition, when you visit the Site, TDS automatically collects information such as your domain type, your IP address, the type of operating system your computer uses, the type of browser software you use, and "clickstream" information (the series of page visits and associated clicks executed by a visitor when navigating through the Site). In addition, TDS often aggregates user-specific information on which pages are accessed by visitors. From your IP address, TDS can sometimes determine the Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity. TDS uses the aggregate data collected to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of visitors to the Site, to measure overall patron demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site, as well as to analyze how and where to use TDS resources.
- TDS has made all commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the security of its servers in order to prevent the loss, misuse, and modification of the information we control. Even though these steps have been taken, TDS can not guarantee that “hackers” will not obtain access to the information on these servers.
- TDS may store small data files, called cookies, on your computer when you visit the Site. Cookies allow TDS to personalize your service by collecting and storing information that will identify you when you visit a site. You can disable cookies on your computer, however if you do so, you will not be able to maximize your experience on the Site. TDS can only protect the privacy of information it collects and is not responsible for the cookies used by web sites linked to or from the TDS site.
- It is TDS policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws relating to children’s privacy.
- You may contact TDS at TDSInfo@teldta.com if you have any further questions regarding this policy.